Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time for Bed Sleepyheads - children's book review

I've promised to do favorite book reviews along and along, and so here's one for ya! This is my children's very favorite bedtime book. Special fact of the day: the copy we read from every night somehow survived my childhood. This was also my favorite bedtime story as a child. My little boy has recently had trouble sleeping all alone in his room, so after reading this book to him at bedtime he has gotten to choose which page he wants it opened to. We lay it down on the floor by his bed, and he goes to sleep looking at that page. He loves it, and he isn't so unsettled at bedtime now.
Description: this follows the activities of nine woodland creatures as they get ready for bed.
I'm pretty sure it's out of print, so would suggest checking out the library or trying to find it used on abebooks.com or amazon



Happy Reading!


"You may have tangible wealth untold. / Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. / Richer than I you can never be – / I had a mother who read to me."
— Strickland Gillilan

0 comments:

Image: istock, Design by: Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010