Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fun and Easy Decorating Project

We’ve been in our new (to us) house here in Germany almost a year, and I’m finally starting to get to some of the decorating projects that I’ve had in the back of my brain. My husband just shakes his head when I start a new project, but he bears with me! Soooo… Here’s the latest!
1. Collect myriads of different size and shapes wooden frames (second hand stores, yards sales, and closeout sales).
2. Choose a color (for me dark blue). While we were visiting my parents in the USA we picked up some small Benjamin Moore paint samples with a free coupon I got from Money Saving Mom.
3. Take the frames apart.
4. Sand them down (just a little) , and paint them (mine needed two coats of paint).
5. Insert your pictures, and hang ‘em up! I really like how using the identical color for all of the frames unified all of the walls of my upstairs landing.
My children LOVE the hallway now, often stopping to look at the pictures and point out the people they know. When my little guy saw it for the first time he got so excited that he came running to me, threw his arms around me, and said “thank you Mama!!!”

0 comments:

Image: istock, Design by: Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010