Monday, April 11, 2011

Heiss, Hot, Heiss, Hot!!! (Blow blow blow) CLOSED

Whenever I'm baking or cooking my children want to help, and (being the great mom that I am and all) I'm careful to warn them of high temperature dangers. The entire baking experience I hear them echo my warnings as if to remind themselves. It cracks me up - and my baby girl accompanies the words with vigorous blowing. I have to hide a smile every time. :)

When I got married my sweet little sister made me a really nice hot mitt - and I've used it and abused it for the last 6 years. It's my only mitt/ hotpad - usually I just grab a dish-towel to grab the other side of big pans - and have had the burns to prove it! Haha.

Weeeeeell... Not anymore! I found Ilse at ISoTotes! Her potholders and trivets aren't just 2 pieces of fabric with batting in the middle. She has an upgraded version - instead of just cotton batting it has cotton batting AND Insul-Bright batting (cool, I didn't even know something like that existed!), making it a little thicker and also heat resistant. And they are pretty!!! SO pretty! They look like little mini patchwork quilts. I love them! Stylish yet well-made and extremely useful - my poor little hands are thankful. :) I anticipate of many years of use and abuse for these new additions to my kitchen.





I was also really tickled to find out that she's out of the same corner of my German world.

SO, Ilse is giving away a $15 shopping spree towards any of her products to one of my readers! Yayness! Thank you Ilse!

The giveaway will end on Monday, April 25th, at which time I will contact my randomly.org chosen winner via e-mail. Open to USA Residents!

ISoTotes on Facebook!

10 comments:

Ron and Tiffany said...





LOVE the gerbera potholders! :o)

lewalk said...





I adore the Lime Green Orchid Tote.

lewalk(at)hotmail(dot)com

lewalk said...





My tweet link, in case you needed it.

http://twitter.com/#!/lewalk76/status/57618936082075648

lewalk(at)hotmail(dot)com

I also followed you on Twitter while I was there.

Susie B. Homemaker said...





I like the Serena tote bag
susie at susiebhomemaker dot com

Daniella said...





oh too cute hope to win!

ani hearts japan said...





I like the purple tote bag with irises. So pretty!

aniwilsonintx at hotmail dot com

Jus and Kat said...





I like the Folded Star Hotpad in Orange and Brown.

Rachel said...





The playful puppies trivet is adorable and fun!
Thanks for the chance to win!
-Rachel
pinenotebook(at)gmail(dot)com

Julie said...





http://www.etsy.com/listing/41380800/potholder-in-limegreen like this
aunteegem@yahoo.com

loury said...





I like the Potholders with Dogs on the Playground, and the Playful Puppie Potholders the best!

Thanks,
Laurie

Lchakel (at) hotmail (dot) com

Image: istock, Design by: Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010